CAMP CARING APPLICATION
A FREE ONE-DAY BEREAVEMENT CAMP FOR CHILDREN ( AGES 6-14 ) AND THE ADULTS WHO LOVE THEM.
Thank you for your interest in attending this year’s Camp Caring. This year’s camp date is to be determined. Camp will be held at Camp Mountaineer- 187 Camp Mountaineer Rd. Morgantown, WV 26508.
Please complete the attached registration form and return it as soon as possible to secure your space. Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, Camp Director will interview your child. All information and material needed for camp will be provided at contact or through the mail.
Please note this important information:
- Adults are able to attend Camp as well and participate in the adult classes.
- The registration forms must be completed and signed in order for your child to attend camp. Incomplete information will cause a delay in processing your child’s application and may result in your child being unable to attend camp, as space is limited.
- Each child will be interviewed by Camp Director before acceptance into the camp is finalized.
- If your child requires special accommodations (i.e., dietary restrictions/physical limitations), please let us know immediately. We will make every effort to accommodate special needs.
- Please plan on bringing your child to camp. Arrival time will be provided with additional camp information.
- All campers can attend camp only once, so that others have the same opportunity Please be sure to read the important information on our request for a media consent and release.
For Questions Call:
Donna Davis- Camp Caring Director
If you prefer to print the application and send in, you can click here to download.
WV CARING ADVOCATES FOR THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE
In 1983, a group of volunteers in Preston County understood that people living with life limiting illnesses needed care. Their tireless work led to hiring WV Caring’s first paid employee and Founding President, Ms. Malene Smith Davis. And, under her leadership she led the expansion of care into eleven more counties for WV Caring, formerly Hospice Care Corporation, to become one of the oldest and largest non-profit hospices in West Virginia. Her trail-blazing work coincided with America’s leading policymakers more than 35 years ago ensuring that West Virginians received hospice care through the Medicare Hospice Benefit.
Today, as WV Caring’s Founding President, and Chief Visionary Officer Malene is known nationally for her work in advocating for excellent end-of-life care.
Whether you are living with a progressive illness, or you are caring for someone who is, we at WV Caring understand just how challenging this can be. You can call us anytime to request more information about care, and we’re easy to access.