A tough task simplified
Choosing a hospice care program is a major decision that requires research and forethought to find the one that’s right for you or your loved one. Unfortunately, many are unsure as to what to look for, or what questions to ask.
Caring.com is a great place to start, as it’s chock-full of hospice care-related information, including this list created to help make the right choice when it comes to picking a hospice care program:
- Is the agency licensed and accredited by a nationally recognized organization?
- Are they Medicare certified?
- What are their billing policies and payment plans?
- Can they provide references, such as local hospital and care centers, institutions, and caregivers?
- How do they decide whether an individual is ready for hospice care?
- How are their caregivers supervised?
- What are their expectations about the family’s sharing in caregiving?
- Are you comfortable with the program? Does it feel like the right fit?
You’re sure to have more personal questions, but start with this list and you’ll be on the road to finding a well-run hospice care program.