Our mission is to help people as they move through the loss and grief process and to provide bereavement counselling, support, education, crisis intervention and resources to the community.
Hospice Care brings compassion, care and support to individuals and their families transitioning through life-limiting illness while providing outreach, education and expertise in grief support to the entire community.
Hospice Care offers patients:
- A program of coordinated care for persons with a serious illness.
- A team approach of care that involves the patient, their doctor, plus the hospice nurse, home health aide, social worker, chaplain, and volunteers.
- Palliative, not curative, treatment.
- Services available on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Reimbursement through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.
Our care is best utilized when we can establish a plan of care early in the last stage of life. A person does not have to be bedfast to be a hospice patient. Persons receiving our care lead full and active lives for as long as they can. An early referral can mean a person will be comfortable with staff and better prepared for the end of their illness.
Hospice Care also provides services to those living in nursing homes or home-like settings.